Monday, December 08, 2008

Things I Liked About America No. 1

I plan some short posts about Things I Liked About America. Or about the Florida parts of it that I visited, anyway.

They'll be in no particular order - I stress this - and here's my first mention:

This is a lifeguard's hut on the beach in Miami. Could it be any more American if it tried?

Oh, yes, and I won't be following these up in a cynical-Brit way with a series of posts about things that I didn't like. I didn't go to find fault - I went to find out, and to enjoy, and I had a fantastic time.

(Okay, I didn't like the white American butter as much as yellow British butter. But that's the extent of my don't-likes. I'm stopping right there).

2 Comments:

Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I haven't seen white butter since 1955.

3:22 am  
Blogger Debby said...

Heyyyy I was with you when you took that picture! Cool!

For plague, the white butter she's talking about is the whipped stuff that you get in a restaurant. They whip it as it goes further and they save a bit of dosh. It's probably not even real butter and it also doesn't taste as nice as stick butter which is still yellow. As we never seemed to eat here, they never saw my yellow stick butter!

I wish to stress here that in my opinion, the Brits have the best butter EVER in the whole world. OK, in the parts of the whole world that I've been to. It's richer than ours and it's just fantastic in every way. I can see how any Brit coming to America would find our butter a let down.

1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home