Saturday, December 06, 2008

Back in Blighty

After the Florida sunset of the last photo that I put on this blog, here's one of today's sunset. Stephen took it on the outskirts of Leeds, whilst collecting our cat Froggie from the cattery (yes, she was fine, and purred all the way home).

As you can see, it's somewhat colder here than it was in Florida, damn it.

Before the jetlag hits me and I become unable to string two words together, I want to say a huge public THANK YOU to Silverback's friends Debby and Dennis for their friendliness, fun and for their hospitality to Stephen and me - and, of course, a huge THANK YOU to Silverback himself - whom, of course, I met through this blog.

Taking the risk of embarrassing Silverback (I don't care, for once!) I am going to say that he brought to our holiday warmth, good humour, kindness, immaculate planning, superb room-rate negotiation skills, great photos, much wit and a fantastic selection of venues to visit plus a calm hand on the maps and satnav to get us there.

That's what he brought. What did he take?

The piss, that's what. Out of me. Lots. And I enjoyed every minute.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure sounds like you had a great time and thanks for sharing so many of your experiences. Really did sound like a fun trip!

11:11 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

...But the main thing is - how is The Communist and did you bring him a present?

12:29 am  
Blogger Debby said...

Enjoyed having you here. Loved Stephen's sense of humor and loved watching you give Silverback his what for. I think he didn't know what hit him having two women tag team him!

Even though I despise snow and cold, that picture is just gorgeous. Needs a palm tree though.......

5:02 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Glorious photo, but, brrr, cold tho'! Loved reading your adventures. Thanks for sharing them!
PS would Stephen mind if I used his photo as material for a painting?

7:45 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Thank you everyone! And, Katherine, Stephen would be delighted if you want to use his photo - especially if you post the result on your blog at some future time.

1:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home