Monday, November 10, 2008

Posh Perches

In my recent travels around two major European cities (ooh! Get her! I hear you cry) I found many large-scale sculptures celebrating the beauty and power of the human form, or something.

And they all had one thing in common. I invite you to bring your powers of artistic criticism to bear upon this important matter, and to work out what it is.

I shall give you two examples:

Here are an energetic couple in Paris, in the Place de la Concorde:

(and, by the way, I'm not sure what these two people are up to but if they weren't made of stone I think they'd probably be arrested).

In Barcelona, in one of the many wonderful squares, was this young piper:

Let's have a close-up, shall we?

Sculpture, eh? Coo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

My very, very, very favorite part of Musee du Louvre were the sculptures. I was entranced and spent hours with them. They were surprisingly free of feathered friends.

8:38 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Pigeons!

10:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home