Sunday, November 02, 2008

Hola from Barcelona

Rather a bumpy flight to Barcelona, but thankfully it´s much warmer here than in freezing cold Leeds, and lots of palm trees everywhere. There´s a scented shrub about with a heady smell that takes me straight back to my very young childhood when we went on holiday to Italy - I haven´t been so far south since then, when I was eight!

I´m typing this on a Spanish keyboard in the hotel foyer because the wired internet access in our room is broken. Not ideal, this, as Stephen has his work laptop and I have my Eee and his work chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Tech Ed conference and the hotel´s internet access -- - sighhhhhhhhhh.

Apparently Technical Man will come tomorrow and I hope he´ll mend it - we´ve already asked to change rooms but the hotel is full because of the Tech Ed conference.

There are two free computers in the foyer and I´m on one of them - it just crashed so I´m typing this quickly! The other one is broken as its cable has been stolen apparently.

Stephen has registered for Tech Ed where there were about a million geeky-looking men milling about. I didn´t see any women. Why should this be, I ask?

I´ll post this quickly now in case it crashes again. So far Barcelona gets ten out of ten for palm trees and nul points for technical competence. More news soon, from your Foreign Correspondent!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola, enjoy the tapas!

Cold here, you're not missing much. Pain about the internet access, hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow.

6:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home