Friday, October 31, 2008

Blogs and Barcelona

Many thanks to Milo, whose blogs - under various different names - I've been enjoying for some time now. He gave me a very kind mention yesterday on his blog Milo and the Year Zero and there are some other blogs well worth reading, in his list The Dearly Beloved.

Some of the blogs he mentions I know well - Retirement Rocks, of course, written by my good friend Silverback: and Big Yellow Taxi, written by Mike Deakin.

Both of those live not too far from me (that's when Silverback's not in Florida!) I think I originally found Silverback's blog through Leeds Blogs - - or maybe he found me - - I'm not sure! Always tremendously enjoyable. He comes up with very funny lines apparently completely in passing and I remember when I first started reading his blog, nearly two years ago, I kept laughing and thinking "did he know he just wrote that?" - - Of course, now I know, he does!

Strangely, I found Mike's blog because Google was helping me to search the whole world for the lyrics of Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi - - - and I found Mike's blog - - and then found he doesn't live too far from me, and writes a really interesting blog, too! It's a funny old world, t'interclacker.

I'll mention other blogs that I enjoy from time to time: thank you, Milo, for giving me the idea.

On Sunday I'm going to Barcelona! WOOHOOO! (she said calmly). Stephen is going there until Friday, to the Tech Ed Conference and he's taking me with him to explain all the difficult technical stuff.

Oh, okay, stop laughing, I'm just going for FUN. Everyone tells me Barcelona is lovely and I've never been there.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the post! I've also enjoyed your blog over the last year! And you've been very supportive with all the frenzied job-related posts I've made (what with leaving and having no job to go to, terrible time in the last company, etc).

It is wonderfully random how people find one another, isn't it?

I'm jealous of Barcelona, I bet it's lovely at this time of year. Enjoy!

7:22 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Paris, Barcelona, Florida -- I'll be expecting no whining out of you for many moons, missy (alliteration thrown in for free).

8:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one reason I agree to take part in memes is that it gives me the opportunity to pass on links to blogs that I love. It's funny how often you come across bloggers that you love in the blogrolls of those on your blogroll, or maybe, thinking about that, it isn't.

Anyway, thanks for the links in here - I'll go check them out! I may discover some new reading for myself!

I've never been to Barcelona. Maybe one day.

9:39 pm  
Blogger Silverback said...

In exactly 3 weeks time you'll be here in sunny Florida ! Forget Paris. Forget Barcelona. This is Sebring, baby !!

And yes it's been great knowing you too. Now stop being so 'girly' and just keep telling everyone how wonderful my blog is. Drop a few leaflets in Barcelona while you're there.

2:30 am  
Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

You lucky so-and-so. Once you go once, you'll want to go back.

8:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a fab time in Barcelona. there is loads to see !

10:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home