Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Eavesdroppings

For once, yesterday I didn't post to this blog. The reason for it was simple - - work! In the morning I was in our office: in the afternoon I was facilitating for some medical students: and I went straight from there to do some Gloomy Roleplays for an exam for some doctors - and I must say that the subject of the roleplays was gloomy but the doctors were excellent.

But it all finished at about quarter to ten at night, so I was rather tired when I got home. A good day though - it was a bit too much work, but I neverthless enjoy the "buzz" from days like that when they go well.

This morning I was again working for the NHS somewhere. Some of the male medical students yesterday were commenting on how women all go off to the toilets together and chat about things.

And today, in the toilets, I overheard this.

There was a very smiley girl and a girl with very, very red hair.

Smiley Girl: "I've got a present for you."

Red Hair: "Oooh, what is it?"

Smiley Girl: "I'll bring it round later. Are you all right? Why are you washing your face so much?

Red Hair: "Someone spat at me on the bus. Right in my face".

Smiley Girl: "Why?"

Red Hair: "He was a fruit loop. He had a Roy Cropper shopper. Nobody of his age should have one of those. You know, on wheels. Like my Nana Renee had one. But she was old. In fact she's dead now. I think he didn't like my hair."

Smiley Girl: "Why not?"

Red Hair: "Too red, he said. Then he spat at me. I ducked and it went all over the woman behind me. But then he tried again and it got me. So I'm washing my face a lot. Ewwwww."

And one of my colleagues today told me that she overheard the following exchange yesterday:

Mobile Phone Salesman: "Is it Miss or Mrs?"

Customer: "Ms, actually."

Mobile Phone Salesman (suspiciously): "Oh, we had one of those in the shop earlier too."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant. Thats like the start to a mad play, arg!

7:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to type arf not arg, oops

7:41 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

"...in the afternoon I was facilitating for some medical students" Did it involve feather boas, fishnets and gaiters? If the Communist discovers this he'll be turning in his grave! Eat your heart out Cynthia Payne!...Or is that Pain?

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home