Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Cards Again at Last

It's been years since I last played cards. It was when I was in the Civil Service temporarily and we played every break and lunchtime - a never-ending game so the numbers of tricks were well up in the thousands. It was great fun - but I've never played since.
This evening, sitting outside looking at the lovely evening view of Tenby, Silverback introduced us to an American card game, Uno, which he had brought back with him.
It was highly enjoyable - Silverback, Stephen and I played and thanks to my immediate and thorough grasp of the rules, plus superior strategy and ability to memorise every card, I won by miles.
Of course I cunningly hid my superior skill by such ruses as dropping my cards and never appearing to know whose turn it was. In fact I must say that both gentlemen (HAH!)were inclined to mockery.
Let's just remind ourselves of who won, shall we? Was it ME? Yes, it was. Excellent game.

6 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

So pleased you're all having a nice time lazing about in Tenby. Some of us are still working tha knows lass!....But not for much longer!

11:02 pm  
Blogger Silverback said...

I certainly fell for your strategy...of seeming to be dumb. I suspect I was up against Rainwoman and didn't know it !

11:44 pm  
Blogger Debby said...

You go Daphne! Glad you're all having a lovely time.

3:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know Uno was American, it's been a favourite family game for over 30 years, and our children have grown up knowing that shouting "Uno" louder than anyone else is a bonus! (We have very loud card games in our house!)
Good game isn't it/

Christine

1:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teehee you're a card shark ;o)

3:37 pm  
Anonymous Milo said...

We played Uno back at school. Didn't think it was American, assumed it was European (with that name!). Is a lot of fun.

7:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home