Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The Price of Strawberries

How much are strawberries?

Half price, that's how much. Has a punnet of strawberries ever been sold, at any time, in the universe, ever, that wasn't marked "Half Price"?

Well, legally they're supposed to have been sold SOMEWHERE at whatever they're claiming is the full price. Normanton, probably, or Goole, or a very small Tesco Express three miles north of the Arctic Circle. One Tuesday morning, very early, in May. Between the hours of two and ten past.

After that it was "Quick, get all the half price stickers out and slam them on every strawberry in the land."

Of course, I wasn't fooled. I knew they weren't really half price. I just bought two punnets because I like strawberries.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Strawberries are cheaper at "Netto". It's Scandinavian for value!

9:43 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

They aren't always half price. Sometimes I have noticed they are 'Buy one, get one free.'

12:44 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Yes, YP, but by the time I'd driven to Netto I'd have spent the money on petrol AND used up more of the world's oil reserves.
JJ - good point! You're absolutely correct, I've noticed that too. Has anyone ever seen Full Price Strawberries?

5:21 pm  
Blogger Debby said...

Sighhh unfortunately we have them here.....full price strawberries that is.

1:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home