Saturday, July 04, 2009

In Tenby Hurrah!

Here I am, by the sea in Tenby on my Eee - - poetry!

We crossed the M62 motorway really rather early, having left the house at ten past six this morning. We were aiming for a great cafe, Caffi Beca, twenty miles from Tenby, for lunch, and indeed got there in time. It's 250 miles from Leeds to Tenby which is a long way on winding Welsh roads - but the scenery's glorious so that makes up for it.

I love rediscovering all the Welsh names for villages on the way down and today my two special favourites were Pontybodkin and Ffos y Ffin. Glorious!

The weather ignored the forecast, luckily, and we encountered a few showers on the way down but here in Tenby it's hot and the sun is shining. The hotel's outdoor pool is warm too - even Olli - who is very slim! - thought so. Though "warm" is a relative term and it's perhaps best to remember that I was brought up to swim in British seas in April, for example, so most pools feel like a warm bath to me.

So, having had a walk into the town and a swim, I feel I've earned my Park Hotel dinner. Well, that's my excuse, anyway. I'll write more tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Milo said...

Oh to be beside the seaside! Cities are so not the place to be in high summer :(

Enjoy Wales! I had many happy holidays there as a child (I was also born there, but that's another story).

6:37 pm  
Blogger WendyCarole said...

have a great time

1:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home