Sunday, September 30, 2007

Operation Tomorrow

Here's The Communist, who was looking very well today and who has moved to another ward, the surgical ward, where all the staff seem lovely and he's in a side ward.

He sends many thanks to all of you who have wished him well. He's second on the operating list tomorrow and I am to ring the hospital at two o'clock to see if he's back on the ward yet.

I can't think what it must be like to know that this is your last day with two legs. You can see in the photo the scar from his last operation, where they replumbed his heart with a triple bypass ten years ago - a miracle operation which made him instantly so much better.

I hope tomorrow's will work wonders too - though of course he's eighty-four now. Today he was wondering about how he's going to drive a car again. Of course the answer is "You won't," but I didn't say that - I think that it's great that he's thinking so positively about the future.

Here's to the Communist! I am hoping so much for the best.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ailbhe said...

They can modify cars for people with no legs at all, so he has a point...

8:05 pm  
Blogger Ian Appleby said...

"Here's to the Communist! I am hoping so much for the best."

I think many of us are. I know I am.

9:07 pm  
Blogger Silverback said...

Well we have a bypass in common but I hope I'm never in the situation he's in tonight.

He seems to have a remarkable attitude to it all and very positive, as you said.

Best wishes to the old Commie.

Ian

9:39 pm  
Blogger MrsG said...

Best wishes - big hugs to the whole family.

9:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it went okay.

Much love to all

8:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home