Saturday, April 30, 2011

Unbuntified

Okay, I have unbuntified my blog now the Great Event is over. If you were hoping for a few Union Jacks strewn about, plus some loud and really persistent patriotic music, then I'm afraid you will be disappointed.

It all seemed to go off well - nice frock and a few people turned up to watch. One or two people thought it was fancy dress: William came as the Bald Prince of Ruritania, the Queen came as a canary and I'm not sure what Beatrice and Eugenie were doing - perhaps they were quietly sending the whole thing up, similarly Tara Palmer-Tompkinson. You can see a photo of her on Silverback's blog.

Even though I'm not a royalist, (though I hate the idea of replacing them with some dreary politician so don't really know what I'd replace them with) I do like historical events so tend to remember where I was when they happened. As Charles married Di in 1981, I was kissing the Blarney Stone in Ireland. As Wills married Kate, I was doing a pile of ironing. I think I need to plan a bit more excitement in my life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

It's sad when young men go bald but the Duchess of Cambridge won't notice when the lights are off.

1:17 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Well - - it IS a bit sad, but not VERY sad because as you say his missus won't care. What IS sad is when they have a hairstyle like William's instead of keeping it really short which looks fine!

3:15 pm  
Anonymous Ruth said...

Some people say bald is sexy. They are often right. However, I don't think 'going' bald is sexy and hate the nearly a comb over look.

Very closly-cropped-when-going-bald hair not only looks so much better but it is lovely to stroke!

10:30 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I have never before seen the word "unbuntified" but I shall henceforth try to work it into conversations and blogposts whenever possible.

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home