Thursday, April 28, 2011

Compulsory Buntification

As I expect you know, it is currently compulsory for all British websites to have bunting and patriotic music in honour of the fact that one of Princess Diana's sons (the one who looks a tiny bit like Prince Charles and not the one who looks exactly like James Hewitt) is getting married tomorrow.

In a frantic bid to acquire the Common Touch that his father so blatantly lacks, the one who looks a tiny bit like Prince Charles but really mostly like Princess Di, is getting hitched to a woman whose parents are called, in a commoner way Carole and Michael. In the Olden Days of mediaeval paintings, all commoners were depicted standing with their mouths open, and I expect Carole and Michael will have been instructed to stand like that all day tomorrow.

I was invited, of course. Oh yes. Didn't make a fuss about it - just quietly declined as I have a bit of work to do in the office tomorrow and some junk to clear. I expect they'll struggle on without me.

Anyway, I got this bunting from Olli and Gareth's friend Tom Scott and I'm extremely grateful because, without the bunting, I'd be under threat of losing my British citizenship and perhaps even my Tesco Clubcard.

So I hope you're enjoying both the bunting and the music. Yes, I know the music is a bit persistent. Patriotic music is like that. If you can hear a strange whining sound in the background, it's the sound of the Communist spinning in his grave.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Oooo! Daphne my love! Didn't Princess Kate look lovely! I felt so totally ennervated and not a little invigorated by her off-white dress. Who designed it? Word on the street is she ordered it from Freeman Hardy and Willis. How posh can you get?... The wedding was live on pretty much every Thai TV channnel.

1:58 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Love the bunting!

3:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home