Friday, May 21, 2010

Qualities I Like

I was working with two lovely assessors - both doctors of course - over in Hull today, on an exam for student doctors.

They worked very hard to make the students' assessment totally fair, but in between they were relaxed and friendly and hence the day was very enjoyable.

In the breaks, they made me laugh quite a bit and I made them laugh quite a bit too.

It made me think about people I like, and what qualities they have.

I like people who have enthusiasm and enjoyment - even if the thing that they love is not something that I have a passion for. I just like enthusiasts!

I like people who are skilled in things: and they don't have to be things that I'm skilled in (Who said "just as well?"!) In fact I enjoy admiring and trying to understand other people's skills.

I like people who care about things, and who care about other people, and who think about things.

I like people who make me laugh, of course - - - (and I like it when I can make other people laugh too).

And thinking about my close friends - - well, I think they all have all these qualities, and - of course - more too. But these, to me, are key.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Daphne -I can make squeaky farting noises with my hands by creating a vacuum and letting the air rush in. This is my special skill and I am passionate about it so I guess I'd make it on to your okay human being list?

12:42 am  
Blogger Sven said...

I love interviewing people who love what they do. Even if it's the dullest thing in the world, it makes writing their story so much more fun. It's like being inside a conspiracy.

10:08 am  
Blogger Kate said...

Hear hear, Daphne. I couldn't agree with your sentiments more.

10:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home