Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yorkshire Spring

It's been very cold recently and there's been lots of weather, all at once. Today it was sunny sometimes and then there was a little flurry of sleet.

I've been working a lot recently and was delighted to go for a walk in the park with Silverback today. I always like those dark clouds contrasted with sunlight and then he noticed the sun on the tree - - - and it's one of my favourite combinations, somehow, even though you know it's likely that you're about to get rained on.

I love all the Spring greens that you get at this time of year:

Tomorrow I'm working in Wythenshawe, Manchester, sixty miles away - - - and it will be a very early start and then a crowded motorway. Now then, don't get me wrong, I'll love the work when I get there - - - but this afternoon was a little oasis of peace and I really enjoyed it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous ruth said...

What a stunnning photograph of the tree in blossom against the lowering sky. I hope you didn't get rained on.

8:47 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Ahhh yes, Ruth - - - well I have to confess I had help from Silverback - - "why don't you go a bit further over there and then take it?" Yup, he was right!

9:43 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

If only the spring blossom lasted longer but like many beautiful things it stays for such a short time.

11:40 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Both photographs are lovely! Our blossoms are long gone already.

1:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home