Monday, May 04, 2009

Ten Thousand Today I Hope

Today, I hope, I will have the ten thousandth visitor to this blog - - well, at least since Silverback kindly put the counter on it for me last August.

When I began it in 2006 I didn't know whether anyone would read it - I just had a few things to say and wanted to say them. Actually, as it turned out, I had quite a lot to say and I must say I've really been enjoying saying it. I'm very grateful to all those who read it regularly.

Sometimes I get a comment from someone I don't know, and it's clear from what's said that they've read my blog before. I love getting comments: do please leave a comment even if you disagree with something I've written - it's often interesting when you do disagree with me! It makes me think - - and I may even change my mind!

My blog has brought me nothing but good, in all sorts of ways. I love writing it.

Thank you all, and May the Fourth be with you.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bernard said...

Only twenty to go.....you should make that easily.
So...Congratulations. What a lot of work you must have put in over the years.
I feel like coming back here 'twenty times' just to make the numbers up!...but I'm sure I won't need to.
Cheers.....Bernard.
ps arrived here from Grumpy Ken.

11:51 am  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I think the FeedJit thingy counts only unique and distinct IP addresses. So if I came here 500 times 'twould still count as only one visitor.

Or am I wrong?

Congratulations on your blogging success, by the way!

1:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Daphne, you're one of the first blogs I check whenever I sit down at my computer, I just love your outlook on life. Thank you for many a good laugh

Christine

4:08 pm  
Blogger Bernard said...

I popped back to check on that counter...TWO to go.
Cheers.....Bernard.
ps Nice of you to drop in at Tracker-bar.....the kettle's usually on!

6:55 pm  
Blogger Silverback said...

It was just meant to be....I arrived to become the 10,000th !!!
How spooky is THAT ?????

Here's to the next 10,000 although you'll have passed me in a month or so at this rate. Slow down, woman.

6:56 pm  
Anonymous Milo said...

Have enjoyed your blog over the last few years. It's eclectic and eccentric and lots of remembrances of things past. VERY up my own street in that regard.

In fact, your blog has an uncanny symbolic resemblance to the ravens at the Tower of London (if they ever leave the Tower, the monarchy will fall, etc). In my own blogging circle, if you stopped blogging it would be quite seismic in its own way because you've become a bastion of stability among the dearly beloved.

So keep blogging and I'll keep coming back.

7:07 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments - they are very much appreciated, and it's really good to hear from you. Yes, Silverback, (who is a very real friend and our friendship was made via the cyberworld initially!) - it's very fitting that you should be the ten thousandth visitor!

8:38 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

Congrats from a new visitor. My boyfriend was a Communist too - now he is just deeply disillusioned :-(

8:51 am  
Blogger Dumdad said...

10,000 cheers for your blogging success!

10:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home