Monday, March 23, 2009

Paths by the Beach

A path by the beach, or to the beach, on a sunny day. Lovely!

Here are some I saw at the weekend:

a path across the sand dunes at Roanhead, leading to the sea:

a path alongside Morecambe Bay:

another part of the same path:

and here are my mother and Amy striding out along it.

My mother was born on April 20, 1924 and her friend Amy on April 23, 1924, and they've been friends since they were at school: Amy obligingly married one of my mother's favourite cousins. I hope that, if I'm still around when I'm nearly eighty-five, I will still be able to love walking along a path like this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Silverback said...

Looks like you were all on the one less travelled.

They're both inspirational ladies and when you're in your 80's, you will be too, Daphne.

But not until then, mind !

10:40 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Marvellous - and though sunny I guess the same bitter wind we had in Sheffield was also doing its stuff along the Cumbrian coast. Marvellous they have been friends for so long. That's precious that is.

12:05 am  
Blogger Debby said...

loved this post

2:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home