Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Stephen

It's my husband's Stephen's birthday today and he is FIFTY. Mind you, he's looking well and that's probably due, of course, to having lived with me since he was eighteen.

(I think I can hear distant laughter so you can stop that right now).

Stephen's not exactly gregarious - - in fact he's the exact opposite of gregarious. Ungregarious, probably. He likes his own company, and he talks best to computers or anything technical really. When any machine isn't working my first line of attack is to say to it, in a kindly but firm tone, "I am married to Stephen and he has gone to get the screwdriver". He can often mend things like radios by laying his hands upon them. Interestingly, I can break them using exactly the same method.

He's always been lovely to me - and to my parents - really I think my mother prefers him to me! - and he's always been a great father to Olli.

When we met and I was a postgraduate of just twenty-one and he was a first year student of eighteen, nearly nineteen, it seemed to others like a big age gap. For some reason it doesn't seem so big any more, now he's FIFTY and I'm - - - er - - right, that's enough of that, I'm stopping this post right here.

Happy Birthday Stephen!

5 Comments:

Anonymous ruth said...

Many happy returns to Stephen. I hope he has been having a lovely day. See you soon!

5:35 pm  
Blogger Diz said...

*~*~*~*Happy Birthday Stephen*~*~*~*

5:49 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Cradle snatcher!
Happy birthday to Mr Stephen. How lovely that love can last over thirty years, changing and maturing like a fine malt whisky.

7:30 pm  
Blogger Debby said...

Happy birthday to Stephen!
Happy birthday to Stephen!
Happy birthday dear Stephen!
Happy birthday to Stephen!

There...that was my best singing voice!

8:13 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Here's an ecologically correct transatlantic birthday greeting to Stephen:

Hippo birdie two ewe,
Hippo birdie two ewe,
Hippo birdie, deer STEEE-PHENNNN!
Hippo birdie two ewe!

As the cow said, "And many moo-er!"

And that's no bull.

I'll stop now. (Song not original with me)

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home