Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Coming of Spring

I rather like that slightly melancholy look that the landscape has in winter. Here's a lake called Nigel (yes, really) near Roanhead, Barrow-in-Furness, last weekend - - looking all moody and wintry and atmospheric.

And it's only a few weeks since Frosty was standing guard outside the old greenhouse:

Now both Frosty and the greenhouse are gone.

Goodbye, Winter - - it's time for Spring. Here are some coltsfoot I found last weekend in the sand dunes:

And look, I found sunshine too. I'm hoping for more of it, to give a warm welcome to Silverback, who is currently about to fly back from the heat of Florida to a chilly March Britain.

Welcome back, Silverback - - and bring the sunshine with you!

4 Comments:

Blogger CLS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:10 pm  
Blogger Debby said...

Lovely pictures...atmospheric perhaps? Awesome that spring is finally peeking through for you.

Silverback can't bring MY sun back! I'm selfish...you guys need to find your own!

11:59 am  
Blogger Silverback said...

I tried but they removed it at Miami security screening - along with my toothpaste !

It was 3C when I arrived in Leeds 2 hrs ago and already I'm missing sunny Buttonwood Bay.

12:59 am  
Anonymous Milo said...

I think he must have travelled via Siberia as it's freezing in the UK now! :|

3:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home