Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Five Things

Here's a meme that I have shamelessly nicked from Malc.

I like doing these kind of little questionnaires (actually, I like doing most questionnaires, I'm not sure why) as they make me think rather hard about everything, and I quite like that.

Five things I've always wanted
Well, what does it mean by "always"? I think I'll take it to mean "since I was grown up" (yes, I know, not long at all then).
1) To have good friends
2) To have an interesting job
3) To visit interesting places
4) To write better
5) To have enough money not to have to think about money

I wrote straight down the first five things that came into my head. The first two I'm very happy with - the other three I'm still working on. I'm going to do the rest of this meme the same way, so what you'll get will be my first thoughts. They'll be honest, though they may be dull, and if so, I apologise.

Five things I'm currently into
1) Becoming more assertive (that's if nobody minds)
2) The seaside (what's that bit about "currently"? I'm always into the seaside).
3) Blogging, daily
4) Worrying, always
5) Trying to relax more

Five favourite things in my room
No, I can't do it that way, so I'm going to cheat and replace "room" with "house".

1) The oil painting of Emily in the front room, painted by John
2) The mirror in the hall with the toucan on it
3) All my photographs, everywhere (that's probably cheating too, sorry)
4) The way the sunshine comes into the dining-room (look, I'm finding this really tricky, and also it's interesting that I call it the "dining-room" which sounds as though we live in a mansion: but that's what it was called when we moved in in 1959, and there's also the "lounge" downstairs, which also sounds a bit naff. Now I think about it, we also have the "cloakroom" which has seen no cloaks for many a decade. What do people call their rooms these days?)
5) The view of the garden (yes, cheating again, I think you'll find).

So why's that so difficult? Well, I've never been one to collect things - not expensive things, or sets of things, anyway: they just remind me of death, and that they'll be around when I'm not. I do have lots of things that I like - - odd bits of pottery, lots and lots and lots of little things that have just been amassed over the years - - but none of them that I would class as "favourite".

Five things in my bag
Ahhh - - far easier!
1) My mobile phone, and I don't know how I ever managed without it
2) A piece of Victorian pottery that I found on the beach
3) A pleasingly round pebble that I found on the beach
4) Three pens that I like
5) Stamps, because I send lots of postcards

So those are my answers, and if you're a blogger and fancy having a go at it, I'd be very interested to read what you write.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:08 am  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

I would tackle this meme but like most straight men, I don't possess a "bag" so I judge this particular meme to be utterly, disgustingly, criminally and insanely sexist - unless of course you count the strong plastic carrier bag I bought at "Netto" this evening. In that case, before I emptied it, my bag contained four cans of baked beans, three "Picnics", six bottles of Radnor Hills water, two tubs of cheap biros for work -because the f-ing kids often don't have them - and a loaf of Warburtons' sliced bread. The contents of my bag say a lot about me I am sure.

12:09 am  
Blogger Daphne said...

You COULD try a Really Really Butch Man-Bag made of Really Tough Manly Leather - - okay, I know already that you're not going to.
Ah, kids with no pens, such lovely memories of my teaching days!
"Ant got no pen Miss" - - in tones of shock and bewilderment that they should actually be asked to WRITE anything in an English lesson.

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home