Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Curious Introvert

I found this personality test on Bun's blog and couldn't resist having a go at it: thanks, Bun.
Here are my results:

Big Five Test Results
Extroversion (36%) moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.
Accommodation (88%) very high which suggests you are overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense too often of your own individual development (martyr complex).
Orderliness (60%) moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.
Emotional Stability (18%) low which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Inquisitiveness (62%) moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
Take Free Big Five Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com


Hmmm. If you know me, feel free to comment on its accuracy! (Do try to be kind though: I am emotional and anxious, see above). Worry? Me?!

Do I recognise myself? Well, d'you know what, I am quite practical, in spite of what it says. It's possible to be imaginative and practical, you know! When I'm on, say, a desert island, and people have need of, say, a pair of scissors, or a safety pin, or a notepad and pen, or a rescue helicopter plus crew - - I'm the one who's always got it in my handbag. And then they mock me because I'm not spontaneous enough. Hah!

As for the rest of it - - well - - you decide.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...
"The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community." This probably explains the questions about theoretical physics which I suspect contribute to the Inquisitiveness result and definitions.

I agree with you that it is perfectly possible to be both intellectual, curious, imaginative AND practical.

Perhaps I am bitter because under Inquisitiveness I got:
(34%) moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly small minded, traditional, and conventional at the expense of intellectual curiousity, possibility, and progress.

Ouch!!

I am definitely suspicious of a result which misspells the word curiosity.

8:50 am  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

On a desert island? Surely when swimming there you would have had to ditch your handbag!

P.S. How come you are such a prolific blogger? Are you souped up on amphetamines or something? Leeds Speed Queen! (See the repeated eee sound. Clever, huh?)

12:06 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Oh, Mr Pudding - - as anyone who knows me will surely testify, if I were to swim the Atlantic (unlikely, but you never know) I'd still be clutching my handbag at the other side.
As for your other query, when I started this blog I set myself the challenge of writing something every day: and - er - I've never been one to be lost for words. Yes, I liked all the ees (I'm an ex-English teacher, I notice these things).

12:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done for doing it! Not flattering to be told you have a 'martyr complex' but then I also came out as 'overly small minded' so we're in similar boats! Poor old Hen only got 10% for emotional stability!

6:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, mightily disapprove of equating "intellectually curious" with "impractical".

And what about the penultimate statement: "I use difficult words"?

Of course I don't use difficult words! I may use polysyllabic, complex or esoteric words; but if they're difficult I don't use them! Oh - you mean words that some other people don't understand? Well, that's hardly what you said...

(ha, my word verification thing has come up with "grmbo" which is vaguely appropriate to this mini-rant)

Julie paradox

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home