Friday, May 30, 2008

Start Button

My brother Michael and his wife Deborah live in Amsterdam with their two almost unbelievably cute daughters Daisy and Flo.

They both work as actors, amongst other things such as translators and broadcasters. About ten years ago they made the track Start Button as part of a play, with music by their friend Gary Shepherd. The male voice is Michael and the female one is Deborah (could this be Daphne States The Obvious Again?)

Then, rather to their surprise, it became part of a compilation album and suddenly popped up all over Europe.

And now it's on Youtube. The accompanying video is not their work - - but here's the piece.

I've heard a lot of voice-overs, because I work with actors - - and I must say I think they've got every nuance of this one spot-on.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I love it.

(I bet neither Michael, Deborah or Gary get a penny for its use though)

8:25 am  
Blogger Daphne said...

Ruth - - funny you should mention that. And guess what, you're right!

9:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops - sorry for the grammatical error in my comment. But it's no suprise that neither Michael, Deborah NOR Gary get paid royalties - YouTube is a bit of a rip-off isn't it?

And I note, through the comments, the poster 'miserywriter' didn't even know what he/she was using.

roxyluver (8 months ago)
"Wow. That was... amusing xD
Where did you get this song and who sings this? I've tried looking up "Streamer Feat", but nothing's come up. Is it a foreign artist?"
miserywriter (8 months ago)
"Err, could be, my sister had it in her music files and I just stumbled across it one day...it's definitely called start button though...maybe I mispelled the name a bit or something, I'm pretty sure it's not a very well known song though!"

12:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I mean, *technically* no one is allowed to upload material to YouTube that they don't own the copyright to, or have the copyright-holders permission for, and there is a procedure for people who feel their copyright has been breached to have their material removed from YouTube. But I think most people have given it up as a lost cause..... Hx

3:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home