Friday, October 05, 2007

Important News in Blighty

Since the title of this blog has political overtones, and since lots of my friends are abroad at the moment, I thought I'd better update you all on the major items in the newspaper headlines today.

There are two important developments that you need to know in order to be up to speed with the news in Britain: they are on the front of every paper and I'm going to tell you them now, and I hope you're grateful.

1) Madeleine McCann's still missing

2) Princess Diana's still dead

British news coverage, eh? Best in the world, and no mistake.

2 Comments:

Blogger Silverback said...

Sadly going 4,000 miles away hasn't helped me to get away from either old story. The McCanns are on the front of People Magazine (http://www.people.com/people/magazine/0,,,00.html)
and Deanna is never far from filling a slot on an otherwise dull news day.

Leeds Rhinos are going to Wembley
again. Get THAT on the news.

Ian

3:47 am  
Blogger MrsG said...

Thank god - I was wondering! And now that X-Factor (love to hate it!) has started again we might actually have a whole 3rd thing to talk about...

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home