Saturday, May 28, 2011

Throwing off Some of the Load

Still on the flowers theme after the laburnums, here's my mother tending one of her flowerbeds:

I love the garden flowers at this time of year - - lupins, irises, peonies, and the huge oriental poppies:

All these flowers have been in this garden for as long as I can remember and when I see them I think - - hey, it's nearly summer.

Summer seems to have crept up on me this year. I had a lovely few days in Plymouth in April and even that was to work - I just seem to have been constantly in work mode, constantly trying to do the current tasl to the best of my ability, and then to prepare for the next job, always with the feeling of letting someone down, which I know is not a helpful feeling but it's always there!

I have had too much weight on my shoulders recently - too many things to worry about. With the coming of summer, I'm going to try to throw off some of it, at least for a while. We're arranging some holidays, which is great. I don't want to miss the summer. Here it is in close-up.

2 Comments:

Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Take time to smell the roses, er, poppies. (I don't even know whether poppies have a fragrance...but they're just in time for Memorial Day in America -- our version of your Remembrance Day.)

12:12 pm  
Blogger Debby said...

I'm glad you're taking time to enjoy the summer. Breathe deep. Hmmmmm maybe I should do the same!

2:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home