Saturday, September 11, 2010

Anti- Burglar Protection

My mother lives next door. Well, at the bottom of the garden, really, in a house that she and the Communist had built in the garden of this Victorian house, slightly over ten years ago.

Because of my close encounter with the Burglar yesterday, I urged Mum to keep her back door locked as she hadn't always done so in the past.

I always go over to see her fairly late in the evening - about eleven o'clock, as neither of us goes to bed early.

Tonight when I went over to see her, I was pleased that her door was locked.

I stayed for about half an hour and then set off back. I tried to lock the door after me as I left, but she wasn't having any of it.

"No, I'm going to see you across to your house. I'm going to watch to make sure you get there. If there's a burglar out there then I don't want you out on your own. I'll lock the door when you're safely in."

There was no point in arguing. She watched until I'd got into our house and locked the door behind me, and only then did she lock her door.

A mother's still a mother, even when she's eighty-six.

6 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

That she is!

1:18 am  
Blogger Kate said...

I expect we'll me the same... :o)

7:49 am  
Blogger Kate said...

Of course that should have been 'Be'.

Based on the number of silly typos I've made recently, my eyesight is clearly deteriorating quickly. When 86, I will probably stand at my back door and watch fuzzy blurs get into their cars etc. while fuzzy burglar blurs slip past me, and remove half of my belongings which I will not even notice are missing until I go to sit down on them or turn them on.

7:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And in your mother's mind she's probably 25-ish so it probably seems like no time since she gave birth to you.
Lucy
verification = fratt, what all mothers do around their offspring

7:40 pm  
Anonymous Locksmith Palatine said...

Burglar protection is a must in our homes today.

11:26 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is very touching. Mothers really do have that protective instinct in each of them. Just a suggestion, maybe you can get some form of additional security for both of your houses so that you guys can sleep better at night. Take care!
Anthony Nguyen

8:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home