Monday, August 23, 2010

Turning to Face the Rain

It's been a long, hard day in the office. It'ss been difficult trying to catch up after my two weeks away.

One of the actors pointed out - quite reasonably - that she can't afford a holiday and therefore gets fed up when people go on holiday and then grumble about going back to work.

Well, generally I love my work and am perfectly happy to get back to it. But just not today. I don't like it when I can't do everything fast enough. I'm aware that, whilst Ive been gadding about on the Continong, a lot of money has come in and the actors need it: so I've been trying to pay it out as fast as possible whilst being aware that there are invoices that need doing too, or the next lot of money won't come in on time.

And there have been lots of other things going on too, and - again quite reasonably - lots of people needing to speak to me, including a man who has made a video with many of our actors and who rang to say how great they all were.

Excellent - - and, again and again, I thought - - now where was I up to with that sum? It's really hard to do lots of other things - all necessary - as well as payments and invoices and receipts.

So, to be blunt, I'm feeling sorry for myself and I don't like it. So here's something I do like, to cheer myself up:

It's a French sunflower, or "tourne-sol" as they call them, because they always turn to face the sun. Hmmm, yes, well if they tried THAT in Leeds today they'd have problems: it's all rain and greyness.

Two bumblebees on the sunflower, I notice. It's very nearly covered in bees.

Okay, here's something else I hope will cheer me up: the splendid Eddie Izzard.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ruth said...

Hooray for Eddie Izzard, covered in bees and sunflowers - your things to cheer yourself up have cheered me up too, thank you hugely. And welcome back.

6:37 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

If you are doling out money today please send some my way as I have been acting the fool a lot lately.

11:44 am  
Blogger Debby said...

I do so love Eddie! Beeees! Beeees! hehe made me smile this morning...thank you.

11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home