Monday, September 06, 2010

Comments on my Blog

I have never monitored comments on this blog - I've never needed to.

Recently, however, I've had a few that I have had to delete because I felt they could have been hurtful to some people.

So, listen, folks - many members of my extended family, and many of my friends read my blog. For years I was very, very careful about what I wrote on my blog because of this: recently I have become a bit more open, and I don't criticise my friends or family anyway: they are all very important to me.

But if people leave comments that are intrusive or could be upsetting, then I will think twice about what I write in future. And, for me, this blog is a place where I can say what I think about many things. So once I start thinking twice, then there'll be no point in it any more, and I'll stop blogging, and I really don't want to do that.

So please leave a comment - - but please remember that real people who know me in real life might read it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Oh oh, don't stop blogging! I'll be good, I promise :o)

10:54 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Oh Jeez! Am I one of the bad guys? Sorry about the wedding fashion comment. The trouble with humour is that it often needs to be near the knuckle. Keep on blogging Daphne! Your openness and intelligent humanity have become a pleasant form of medication for me.

11:55 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

My day would have lost something precious if you stopped blogging. Just keep a stiff upper lip and continue to delete the inappropriate comments.

1:51 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Awwww thank you folks! And, YP, I do know that humour often needs to be near the knuckle - in fact I LOVE humour that is - but I just can't risk hurting anyone else because of my blog.

6:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home