Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tenby in the Spring

Tenby (which is in South West Wales just in case you don't know) looked gorgeous this past few days. Of course, it always does - but I've usually seen it in the Summer and never before in this Spring light, and I loved it.

So here are just a few photos. Here are some Tenby daffodils (they're a separate sub-species or something) with the harbour in the background.

Here are some waves on South Beach in the sunshine. In the background is Caldey Island, where there's a Cistercian monastery. In the summer you can have a boat trip over there - it's just three miles and the boats are very frequent - and the island's delightful: the monks make perfume and chocolate and shortbread and there are wild flowers everywhere and seals on the rocks.

Some houses round Tenby harbour in the evening light:

And this one, below, I think is my favourite of all the ones I took this time, partly because I've never been able to take quite this shot before. There was a very low tide and most of the wet sand here is usually under water. If you click on it to enlarge it, you can see all the colours and I just love them.

Grateful thanks as usual to all the Park Hotel staff who are great! I'm looking forward to going back again in July!

4 Comments:

Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Love the photos, especially the Narcissus Tenbyitis Welshcoastium, or whatever they are.

I trust you are well-rested in your little corner of Paradise.

9:26 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

You are rightly proud of the last photograph. I love the way you have pushed the headland silhouette to the top sector of the frame and thereby added weight to the watery reflective sands in the foreground.
P.S. Is Tenby situated between Nineby and Elevenby?

12:11 am  
Blogger J.J said...

I was perfectly happy until I saw these photos. Now I won't be content until I have got to Tenby again!!!!

11:36 am  
Anonymous Milo said...

Love the photos! Wish I was by the sea.

4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home