Thursday, March 25, 2010

To Tenby

I woke at four-thirty this morning so thought I might as well get up and go.
The traffic round Manchester was busy, but bearable, and it was raining.
Once I got to North Wales,there was a transformation. Hardly any traffic and the sun came out to warm the little groups of lambs gambolling round the fields.
There was still snow on the high mountains of mid-Wales and they still looked wintry. There were still snowdrops in flower on the verges, but the daffodils were coming into flower - my favourites!
There are daffodils all over Tenby too. I've never been here in Spring before! Apparently Tenby has its own species of daffodil, called, unsurprisingly, the Tenby Daffodil.
Park Hotel was warm and welcoming as usual. Kt who was on reception said I looked tired - well, it could be because I got up so early and drove 250 miles! I know that may not be far to some, but it is to me! Or it could just be caused by Old Age and Poverty as the Communist used to say.
I've been for fish and chips with Sonia, who's in the play, which is Noel Coward's Still Life, better known as the film Brief Encounter.
And now I'm blogging from my Blackberry in thE foyer before the play starts.
Kt said I won't look so tired after a couple of days here. But I've only been here a few hours and I feel better already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

Enjoy your break, Daphne and if you want to call in and see us on your way back, just let us know!

9:07 pm  
Anonymous Milo said...

Enjoy your break!

10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home