Friday, October 02, 2009

At the Deep

Silverback, Stephen and I went to The Deep today - it's an aquarium in Hull. Stephen and I had been before a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, and if anything we both enjoyed it even more this time, because we spent more time looking and taking photographs: we spent about six hours there.

I put my superb wildlife photography skills into action and captured this stunning shot of the rare Blurred Sea-Horse, which hides from predators by, er, being very blurred so you can't see it properly. Amazing.

They have everything there from cute little fish:

to this species known as the Only Slightly Blurred Shark, which is huge.

The big main tank is vast and we watched divers feeding the fish - which include very big sharks, rays and swordfish - and this was really interesting to see.

It's beautifully clean, the fish are in excellent condition, there's lots to see and I'd definitely recommend it for a Grand Day Out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I would so have loved that!!! I've been wanting to go to SeaWorld here again for 3 years...maybe this year it will happen!

12:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home