Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Autumn in the Park

It was a beautiful day on Saturday when we walked in Roundhay Park. Lots of people doing different kinds of exercise:

Dozens of dogs being taken for walks amongst the trees:

Trees reflected in the water:

and the occasional fisherman:

Oh yes, lovely. But there'll be a price to pay, of course. November fog. Frozen mud. Heating bills. All those winter things we choose to forget.

Autumn may be pretty, but I'm suspicious of it because of what will come after. Spring's the time I like, and early summer. A glorious May morning with the whole summer to come - - wonderful.

So what does autumn mean to me? - - - It's nearly winter, that's what. And I don't like it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

In the first photo I counted thirty two Leodensians running around in a circle. Is that all you people do for fun? Moaning about the approach of winter might be another leisure activity in Leeds and I guess more recently rat and fly catching will have taken off as a new sport. Rubbish!

1:19 am  
Blogger Debby said...

Winter? What is this of which you speak?

2:34 am  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Oooh! How cynical that YP is! I agree with you, Daphne. May is the best month of the year - the long, hot summer to look forward to.... sometimes!

9:05 am  
Blogger Kim said...

Autumn is my Favorite time of year, its not soo cold that I can to look like the Micthelin man in order to leave the house, and its not so bright that the sun blinds me :D
and I can go out in a vest top and not burn
XxX

2:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home