Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Summer Day in Oxford

Blogging from my Blackberry in Oxford, here to visit a dear friend who's in hospital.The drive was very easy - much smoother than my usual driving but I think that could be because it wasn't me at the wheel, Silverback had kindly offered to drive.
A sunny summer day in Oxford was all beautiful old stone buildings, meadows,rivers, flowers,boats,bicycles,bow ties and the eccentric English at their most quaint. And my bedroom has a balcony too!
A sad reason for the visit but a beautiful place.

3 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Old Ken said...

I hate to admit it but I honestly dont know what a blackberry is! (heard of it). Mind I havent even got a mobile phone!

1:26 pm  
Blogger Bernard said...

Ken is not alone. I am also a grumpy old fellow who has never bought a 'mobile' or a 'blackberry'. I can usually manage a 'raspberry' when called upon to do so!
Somebody once gave me their old mobile phone, and after six months, as I didn't use it, they closed me down!!
Well it's back up again now...and just sits there..winking at me.
I have to ring myself up on the BT land-line every 3 months or so just to keep the account open.
Why use it at 15p a minute..when BT and web-phone calls are free.

7:03 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Okay, chaps, thank you for your comments. A Blackberry is like a clever mobile phone where you can get email and the internet too and I LOVE mine because I am a sad communications junkie.
But, Bernard, the deal I've got on mine is excellent and all the phone calls I need to make are included. Though I must say Skype is great for long-distance friends!

11:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home