Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer Meadow

To me, the title of this post is a really evocative phrase. Sunshine, buttercups, lazy afternoons, white fluffy clouds, lovely British countryside - -

Yesterday Stephen and I woke early and decided to go for a walk around Swinsty Reservoir, near Otley. Unlike those many mornings which start off sunny and then dwindle to a disappointing greyness, this one started off grey and then improved as it went on.

By the time we were half-way round the three mile walk, it was a beautiful summer day.

The grass everywhere was full of summer flowers:

and the summer meadows were all around us.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Milo said...

I like meadows. Glad you enjoyed the weather! Wasn't bad down here.

11:01 pm  
Blogger Debby said...

Ahhhh summer. I wish I knew what that was this year!

1:07 am  
Blogger Bernard said...

I was also in a "Summer meadow" on Sunday but....along with beer tent, chip vans and hundreds of happy people enjoying the sunshine.
(A steam rally)

8:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photographs! Isnt Summer grand :o)

4:32 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

...and the summer meadows were all around us.
Then Stephen put his strong protecting arms around me. I could sense his musky man smell. My heart was heaving in its rib cage like a bird that wanted to be free.
He put his hand in his jacket pocket and pulled out a little wine-coloured velvet jewellery box. He flicked back the lid and there sparkling at me was the must gorgeous eternity ring I had ever seen. In white gold with blue sapphires and a row of glinting diamonds, it was almost majestic. "Oh Stephen!" I sighed.
(TO BE CONTINUED....)

9:25 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Thank you, everyone - - and, YP, I fear you've been reading too much Mills and Boon in your hospital bed. The day Stephen buys me an eternity ring I'll eat this computer - - I am Jeans and T-Shirt not Jewellery and he knows it! - - Though when you retire you could have a whole new future as a Romantic Fiction writer: you'd need a new name though and I suggest something like Gloria Seychelles.

9:38 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Gloria Seychelles...mmm! Maybe... or possibly Daphne Roundhay-Park for that extra touch of class.

"Even a jeans and T-shirt girl appreciates a special gift from H. Samuel...Eternity means forever."

12:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home