Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back from Oxford

Here's a stone gentleman whom I saw in Oxford, outside the Bodleian Library:

Oxford is beautiful: wherever we looked there was something like this:

The bed and breakfast where we stayed, Pickwicks, was delightful. It was chosen primarily for its closeness to the hospital, as Silverback and I were visiting our lovely friend who's currently a patient there. But it turned out to be excellent - characterful and clean and with a delicious breakfast.

Strangely, when I got back home and downloaded the photos from my camera, thirty of them have mysteriously disappeared - - some of the numbers are simply missing. Stephen is going to try to track down what's happened. Meanwhile, I should point out that, of course, those thirty were absolute works of photographic genius, as opposed to the rest of my snapshots. Hey ho.

2 Comments:

Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I shall recommend you for the Booker Prize in absentia....

4:10 am  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Maybe old big, bad Silverback pilfered some of your photos for his own post about Oxford.

Blogging in tandem...what a concept!

2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home