Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spring in Putney

I've been in Putney, London this weekend doing some work for nutritionists.

It's been a busy weekend but I've really enjoyed the work. Yesterday, though, I was fortunate to have quite a bit of free time and I took this photograph. Okay, perhaps it's not, as a photo, very exciting but it is Significant.

Firstly, it has a palm tree in it and that's always a good thing. Next to the palm tree, if you look closely, is a tree that's covered in lamb's tail catkins - - and what do these mean? They mean it's Spring. And thirdly - - look at the sky. What colour is it? BLUE, that's what.

It's been a grim winter for everyone in Britain I think - lots of cold, lots of snow, lots of grey.

I've found it particularly grim, ever since we got back in early December from our wonderful holiday in Florida, because of the Communist's death, of course.

Now, at last, it looks as though there's light at the end of the tunnel and Spring at the end of the winter.

Tomorrow I'll post some photos of the Thames, looking very British and very Springlike. Hurrah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home