Monday, December 15, 2008

Things I Liked About America No. 3 - The Light

Lots of people said to me before I went that Florida has No Scenery and that I would not like this because, of course, I come from a hilly part of the world and that's what I like.

And, to a certain extent, that's true: in general I prefer scenery with hills.

But then I saw the light. Literally.

Fantastic azure-blue during the day:

and here's the same place at sunset:

Stunning beaches:

stunning clouds:

If this is a place with no scenery, I'd be prepared to stare at its non-scenery for a very, very long time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

Hmm, me too!

6:24 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Speaking a an artist; the light in England is soft and caressing. Whereas the light in Florida (and the Med, and NZ) is strong, bright, and sears yer eyeballs sometimes! But is does make the colours much more vivid! Lovely pics, and thank you for sharing them. More than half the fun of a trip is reliving it afterwards!
-Katherine

7:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!

11:17 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

When we lived in Florida we used to talk about the "360 degree sunsets" and they are spectacular!

6:56 pm  
Blogger mutikonka said...

When you live in a place with nice light you tend to take it for granted. I'm really missing the clear blue Sydney light now that I'm in smoggy Chengdu, China. Yesterday they said it was 'sunny' - which meant the sun was trying to break through and you could actually see buildings more than one block away.

1:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home