Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Sunny Day in Paris

Blogging from Paris, how cool is that? - I still have a big smile on my face all the time I'm here! I know I haven't travelled as much as many people and it's still really exciting to me - and I hope it always will be.

I have had a really lovely time again working here at the Johnson and Johnson Diabetes Institute - you can see its new website here.

Great, friendly, caring people and the Institute does really interesting and useful work, helping doctors and nurses to learn more about the care of diabetic patients.

It's easy to be cynical and say it's a huge company with huge profits - well, yes, but this Institute seems to me to be putting those profits to excellent use.

It's strange looking at the photos on their website and thinking I was there a couple of hours ago! And now I'm off to explore Paris some more. Fantastic!

2 Comments:

Blogger Silverback said...

Glad the Eee worked in Paree this time and that you're having a fabby time.

Thanks for the Skype chat - was a pity the cheap hotel (hehe) couldn't afford faster internet so the video part would work but it was still good to talk with you from your chambre.

4:01 pm  
Blogger Alden Smith said...

If you see someone with a cone on their head, dance with them instantly, it is something that should be encouraged, maybe it is something that could go global, like a huge mexican wave. But avoid the ring people, I have seen them throughout Europe and they are a nuisance - I have been told, but not met the 'baby throwers' who throw a baby at you and grab your bag as you go to catch the baby! this was told to us by our tour bus driver, but it might be an urban myth?

5:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home