Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Prince Charles and Me and a Stamp


We don't have much in common, Prince Charles and me. However, one thing that we DO have in common is that we sometimes talk on the phone to someone whose picture appears on a postage stamp.

For Pablo, an actor I know - I'd better not give his surname in case you have to sign the Official Secrets Act to be on a stamp - is the Ugly Sister on the second-class stamp this Christmas. How impressive is that? - Very, since you ask - I bet you don't know anyone who's been on a stamp!

He's the one on the right: "larger but more beautiful" as he said to me earlier.

He's played a lot of Ugly Sisters and treated me to a standard Ugly Sister joke:

"We're fastidious - - I'm fast and she's hideous!"

Boom boom!




6 Comments:

Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Before you so kindly pointed out which one was your friend, I was dying to ask which one is the ugly sister!!! They're both unattractive, to say the least!

5:23 pm  
Blogger Honey said...

very flash!

6:12 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

(doing my best Hermione Baddeley imitation): Gor! I thought it was Dame Edna Beveridge!

6:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2nd class, large... hmmm, I think Pablo is definitely not the former - he's a first class act all the way. And a beautiful ugly sister.

10:19 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Actually, I used to know Terence Stamp's missus!

9:09 pm  
Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

I was under the impression only dead people were pictured on stamps. Obviously not.

7:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home