Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mad as Cheese

Today, somewhere in Great Britain, I have been playing a patient with mania, for an exam for medical students.

Mania is the manic bit of manic depression: it can also be hard to tell the difference between mania and schizophrenia.

This patient played by me had a lot of classic signs of it - she thought God was speaking to her, and sending her messages, and this made her very happy in a somewhat over-the-top way. I can't give you more details as it was part of an exam, but it was a very difficult scenario for the students to deal with.

It was very interesting to do, and the people I was working with were great. But it was soooooooooo tiring!

I had to get up early to travel to Different City anyway, and by the time I'd done the role a couple of times I looked in the mirror and found I looked about a hundred and three.

So I'm going to bed and hope tomorrow I'm both sane and looking a bit less ancient.

Sometimes I think I do some strange jobs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diz said...

Sometimes I think I do some strange jobs...

Only sometimes?
!

7:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your name Daphne or Sybil, what with all these multiple personalities?! Hehehe.

Seriously though, you do have an interesting job.

9:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home