Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Preparation

I always try to prepare thoroughly, especially when it's something a bit different.

Pedantically I plod my way through it all, trying to make thorough sense of it and prepare for all eventualities. Usually it pays off.

Often more spontaneous people laugh at me for not being more "in the moment". But hey, generally, I don't care, that's what I'm like, I'd rather be prepared. Sometimes even I think I overdo it a bit - on a personality test I took recently I scored 100% for conscientiousness which even I think is a bit worrying.

However, today I was involved in a tryout of something I'd prepared quite hard for - - and I can't tell you what it was, as telling you would be extremely unprofessional. But, after a few moments of confusion, it became clear I'd been given the wrong thing to prepare.

Oh - - pooh. Time to prepare the right thing, rather fast.

On a more cheery note, I heard a joke I liked, on the radio.

Two chickens standing by the side of the road.

"I'm wondering whether or not to cross," says the first one.

"Oh, no, please don't," says the second one, "We'll never hear the end of it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home