Saturday, May 05, 2007

Spring Greens

Whenever "favourite colour" is mentioned all my family and friends roll their eyes at me in a Knowing Way and say "Oh, Daphne likes green, you should see the house - - "

And I do. There are lots of shades of green and they are all great - can you say that about any other colour?
Luckily, in case you were sceptical, Nature is currently assisting me with a country-wide demonstration of this (and if you're somewhere Else, such as Australia or Belgium, you'll have to take my word for it I'm afraid.)

Here are some greens seen from the Cleveland Way near Sutton Bank in Yorkshire this morning.



A mile or two further and we came across a deserted farm. After battling my way through a field of nettles I found this:

Nobody had trodden there for ages and ages - perhaps years, because it was hidden and difficult to get to. I love places like that, and it's great that there are still some left in this crowded island.

1 Comments:

Blogger Honey said...

truly beautiful

9:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home