Wednesday, May 09, 2007

In Crystal-Clear Water

Amy Tree comments on my last post that the "pubes and used plasters" in one of the Leeds swimming pools rather cramped her style when swimming.

The secret is not to be able to see them.

I've mentioned before that, prior to getting my prescription goggles, I had no idea that there were signs in swimming pools that say things like "Deep End" and "No Diving".

Even with the goggles, of course, I can't see brilliantly (oh, all RIGHT then, even with my glasses I can't see brilliantly, so my twenty-twenty vision family tell me, whilst chortling to themselves).

In the sea or in the pool I can't see any nasties floating about and I just keep right on swimming. The sea at Tenby, where I swim most frequently, is a Blue Flag beach and really clean, fortunately. There are jellyfish, I'm told, though I can't see them, and I often think that this is a Good Thing as I don't worry about them and have never been stung.

But the changing rooms at the municipal swimming pools in Leeds, including Scott Hall, where I swim, are generally a bit grubby, even I can see that. I'm quite glad I can't see the pool itself too clearly.

1 Comments:

Blogger MrsG said...

Aah, so THAT'S the secret!! (Note to self - wear blindfold next time I am in a public pool...)

Thanks for the link!!

3:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home