Monday, August 13, 2012

Off to Sunny Spain via Sunny France

Well, what with work, the Olympics and trying to learn the WHOLE OF SPANISH I haven't been blogging much recently.

However, I will blog some more - - - but not for nearly three weeks, probably.  For Stephen, Silverback and I are off on a summer trip abroad.  We'll be travelling down through France to Northern Spain and then back again - - so we're hoping for some sunshine after the weeks of rain that we've had in Blighty this summer.  I'm anticipating a bit of Scenery so will be taking the camera, oh yes.

Update:  A couple of blog posts ago I wrote about Wendy the Disappearing Cat.  After very nearly twenty-four hours we found her under a distant bed: she had quite a bad infection but is now a lot better (and our vet's quite a lot richer.)

I've enjoyed learning Spanish from both the excellent Michel Thomas course and the BBC Quickstart Spanish audio courses.  I can't really do JUST audio courses - I need to see things written down before they'll go into my head.  I haven't had much practice speaking except in the comfort of my own living-room, but at least I can follow written Spanish now.

I did Latin and French at school and have done some Italian since and if you throw these three languages up in the air and add a few extra words they seem to come down as Spanish.  Unfortunately I do tend to break into Italian occasionally, and probably also into an entirely new language that I've just invented.  We'll see how it goes.  But I have really enjoyed it and would love to do more.

So - - now we're off to sunny Spain and ever-delightful France too.  Back soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Disfrute de sus vacaciones en Francia y España y no beber sangría demasiado!

11:24 am  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Whatever Yorky said.

12:00 pm  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Absolutely, with a hwyl fawr thrown in.

2:37 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Daphne! Daphne! It's been five weeks now! Where are you? Is it like the song - "Lost in France" or have you fallen into a vat of paella and can't get out?

10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home