Thursday, October 07, 2010

Believing

Here, at last, is certain video evidence that the glorious Unicorn exists.

My family are vile sceptics. They don't believe it. They say that its horn doesn't move as much as the rest of it.

The cynics! Pah! I believe! I believe in the Unicorn, and in Fairies, and in Father Christmas, and that homoeopathy works by sound scientific principles, and that there's gold at the end of the rainbow.

I'm fed up of being cynical. From now on, I'm going to believe.

Here's a song, for no other reason than that I like it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

Of course they're real.

Loved the Monkey's when I was 12 or so. Yep...good memories.

8:51 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

...But surely one of the last places on Earth you'd expect to see unicorns is Ontario. In an Alpine meadow or a prehistoric English wood perhaps but not flipping Ontario! Neil Young sang "there is a PLACE in North Ontario..." not a bleeding unicorn!

11:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And doesn't he go on to sing: "Throwing shadows on our eyes. Leave us helpless, helpless"? This might explain it.
Lucy

11:27 am  
Anonymous Shooting Parrots said...

Of course unicorns exist otherwise why would Frederic Robinson name his brewey after one in Stockport. Unless it was after a pint or two of Old Tom....

1:36 pm  
Blogger Kemet Club said...

Around the time of the Monkeys there was a TV series called “My world, and welcome to it”. It was based on Thurber's Fables, One of my favourites was The Unicorn in the Garden. In this fable the non believer is deemed as crazy as a jaybird then locked up in an institution. The moral being Don't count your boobies until they are hatched.
http://english.glendale.cc.ca.us/unicorn1.html

7:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home