Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pillows

Our house didn't look too bad when I got home - - it's too big and has too much junk in it and I never have time to clear it properly because I'm too busy working and so is Stephen.

Some of the actors have been staying it whilst we've been away, manning the office and they haven't made a mess and Olli and Gareth have done the washing up and hoovered and so on. But I just don't have time to look after this big house properly and when people come round and comment on an untidy room etc I just can't bear it. Because it's not - it's REALLY not - that I'm lazy - it's just that I work too many hours at other things.

I was doing okay, looking at the junk, much of which dates from the time when my parents live here, and thinking hey, it's got to go, I'm going to get a skip - - - and then, when I was about to go to bed I found that two of the pillows off our bed have disappeared and I can't find them anywhere.

Okay, I've had a long journey and I'm very tired - - but this apparently small thing immediately makes me want to sell the house, move out, move somewhere smaller with great big secure locks and not give anyone any keys so that nobody, NOBODY can come and take the pillows off my bed whilst I'm away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Yes. It might be a good idea to sell up. You and Stephen could surely find sheltered accommodation somewhere in Leeds with a 24 hour warden service activated by emergency buzzers. There might also be a communal sing-song in the common room once a month.

10:31 am  
Anonymous jay said...

Oh, I would have been absolutely FURIOUS! Not helped by the fact that if I don't have my particular pillows I get a horrendous neck ache and often, a migraine. How dare they take your own pillows? Sheesh.

Did you find them? Or the culprit?

Are they dead? LOL!

12:42 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I dreamed I was eating marshmellows. When I awoke (awaked?), my pillow was missing. 8)

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home