Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Love Pembrokeshire

We've just arrived back from our week in Pembrokeshire, South Wales and I just want to say how much I love it there. (If you click on the photos they will enlarge).

I love the cliffs and the sea:

I love all the wild flowers:

and, come to that, the displays of tame flowers are rather good too, especially with the sea as the backdrop:

You notice there's a palm tree. I love palm trees. In case you didn't know.

I love the light, which is always different from hour to hour and from day to day:

That was North Beach in Tenby: here's the harbour at sunset:

And I always, always love the view of Tenby from the Park Hotel. We have stayed there for a week every year since 1966.

I love travelling to new places, of course. But Pembrokeshire is a very old friend who has never let me down.

2 Comments:

Anonymous ruth said...

Fabulous photos.
The harbour at sunset made me sigh with pleasure.
I think it is wonderful that you have this old friend to visit every year. Thank you for sharing your visits with us.

9:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember going to Tenby on holiday as a child. We stayed in a place that looked like a castle. And I seem to remember walking along a big sea wall. But that might not have been Tenby?

Glad you had such a lovely time. I love palm trees too.

x

9:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home