Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ancient Romes Greatest Hits

Many thanks to Malc for his comment on my previous post where he offered to ship some apostrophes out to this strange Roman keyboard.

I still havent got any though and again am typing fast as Im using up the remains of someone elses hours internet!

Another fantastic day in Rome and we spent most of it in the Colisseum. Wonderful and much better preserved than I was expecting.

We also saw the Trevi Fountain and nearly jumped in as it was so hot! Silverback ended up taking photos for most of the tourists who were there as they saw his camera and reckoned, correctly, that he must know how to take a decent photo.

The police also were queuing up to have their photo taken by him in their uniforms which look more like costumes!

Anyway, another great day and tomorrow we collect our hire car and head North. If I dont post for a while its because they havent invented the internet up there! Tuscany here we come I hope!

6 Comments:

Anonymous ruth said...

I am of course delighted that you are having a wonderful time in Italy and am not in the slightest bit jealous of your travels (ok, the first bit is true).

I look forward to seeing photos. I hope unlike the tourists who persumably got Silverback to take photos of them using their cameras, the police were just posing for his benefit not their own.

By the way, you must have been typing very fast as I don't think I have spotted a typo on your blog before but am sure coliseum only has one s.

Enjoy Tuscany.

7:25 pm  
Anonymous Milo said...

Enjoy! Italy is such a wonderful country, I'm v.jealous!

As I said on SB's blog - the temp here is falling away though it's sunny but cool.

10:46 pm  
Blogger Jennytc said...

From past experience, I can assure you, Daphne, that Tuscany does have the internet - and grumpy hotel receptionists. ;)

9:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can recommend a wonderful cheap endorsed by locals restaurant. Head down the street almost opposite the Spanish Steps and its on rather a slope on the left hand side of that street. Usually has pale green paper napkins. Looks basic but trust me the food is divine!! Have fun out there, beyond envious :)

10:45 am  
Anonymous Lulazoid said...

try 4 if it is an azerty keyboard? Good luck and enjoy Tuscany! Don't know if you ever got the link to my Florence report on twitter?

10:55 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

I noticed you haven't been using any apostrophes! This is a heinous crime and when you return to Blighty you shall be clapped in irons and maltreated by your gaolers who will be Nehpets and Kcabrevlis! To help you on your way through Italy - here are a few spare apostophes you can copy and paste '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' and just in case here are a few semi-colons too. Did you miss that lesson in English? ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

11:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home