Friday, August 28, 2009

Hello from Rome

Just a very quick post as I am using the last of someone elses free internet useage in the hotel and it may run out at any moment!

We have spent all of today in the Vatican and climbed the 320 steps to the Dome of St Peters Basilica in ninety degree heat but it was well worth it for the fantastic views from the top. The Sistine Chapel was worth all the hype too!

Silverback, Stephen and I have taken hundreds of photos between us and Ill post a few of the best ones when I get back.

One more day in Rome and then we head North into Tuscany. What a gorgeous country and thanks to both Silverback and Stephen for being such great company today! And Im sorry that Rome is entirely lacking in apostrophes but I dont have time to check out how to do them on this strange foreign keyboard!

5 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

Yay!!! Was hoping one of you would get to post!

I can't wait for the pictures!!!

Keep enjoying!!!!!

9:10 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I hope you did the Spanish Steps....

12:41 am  
Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Don't worry, I'm arranging a special collection of apostrophes - television appeal, street collections and so on - and will be flying them out to you as soon as possible. I never knew Italy was so deprived.

Rome's fantastic, isn't it?

9:18 am  
Blogger Daphne said...

Debby yes photos will definitely follow and there are some interesting ones I hope.
RWP sorry that was one place we didnt get to just because of lack of time! Headed for the Trevi Fountain instead.
Malc many thanks for the apostrophe collection really I dont know how these Italians manage without them. Or I cant find any anyway. Please send hyphens too as I cant find those either.

6:45 pm  
Blogger Silverback said...

Plenty of apostrophes on my keyboard so here......I'll pass some across to you..''''''''''''''''.

They are like 3rd gear in a car - woman just can't find them. Oh look, I used another one.

6:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home