Sunday, December 21, 2008

Okay, It Must Be Christmas Time

Christmas has, of course, crept up on me, and now it's nearly here.

Firstly I was in Florida having a fantastic time: then I came back and the Communist died.

So, as you may imagine, I haven't really given Christmas a lot of thought. And, this year, I've noticed that the supermarkets haven't been playing Christmas songs since about October like they normally do - I don't know why they've stopped, but I'm glad they have. I like it to be at least mid- November before I hear Noddy Holder scream "Merry Christmaaaaaaaaaaaas!"

But there are some songs that I like to hear every Christmas and this is one of them. For some reason it always makes me cry - - but then, I tend to like songs that make me cry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

After listening to The Pretenders' version I then clicked on Coldplay's version - Chris Martin puts a slightly different slant on the song but in the end I must say I prefer Chrissie Hynde's distinctive and plaintive voice. One of the best Christmas songs of modern times and this particular Christmas, sorry to say, The Communist has gone further than 2000 miles... adding another dimension to these lyrics.

7:18 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

I listened to Coldplay's version too and, for me, it took out everything I like about the song.

9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I liked that song too. A tearjerker for sure!

10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home