Sunday, June 22, 2008

Paris

I generally prefer countryside to cities, but I had been to Paris a couple of times before, both on day trips when we were staying in Burgundy, and I was rather surprised to find that I absolutely loved it.

This weekend I continued to love it: and I also loved Eurostar. Now that the trains go from St Pancras which is just next to Kings Cross, it's so easy to get a train from Leeds to Kings Cross, walk a couple of hundred yards and voila! - you're on your way.

I was lucky enough to be working in central Paris, and also lucky enough to have quite a bit of free time yesterday to explore it in the warmth and sunshine. Wonderful.

I got back last night and have a really busy day today with an AGM of the company that I work for, so I haven't time to post much now: but here's a quick glimpse of one of the things I particularly liked.

Tall, graceful buildings, flowers on their balconies, trees around them.

More later: but meanwhile, here's the Paris branch of a well-known British bank.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

I meant to tell you to have a crepe for me! I'm glad your trip went well.

12:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home