Wednesday, June 11, 2008

To the Smoke

When was I last in London? About two and a half years ago, I think, on a training course for some medical roleplay.

That time it was a chilly February and the London parks didn't look very inviting: though there were indeed uniformed nannies pushing prams like a scene from Mary Poppins.

This time the reason for tomorrow's visit is a bit more glamorous.

Steve Evets, an actor whom our agency represents, spent some time last year playing the role of Daz for a film, Summer, starring Robert Carlyle and directed by acclaimed director Kenny Glenaan. It has its premiere soon at the Edinburgh Film Festival, but as Steve's agent I've been invited to a preview in London. I'm going with a friend who, but for this blog, I would never have met!

Regular readers will know that Steve is currently filming the leading role of Eric Bishop in Looking for Eric, directed by Ken Loach, and he's having a fantastic time working on the film.

So, showbiz glamour eh? And I'm looking forward to a fun day in the Smoke too!

6 Comments:

Blogger Silverback said...

Oh I'm sure our paths would've crossed in Smelly Aisle sometime, Daffy.

I'm dusting off my autograph book as we speak cause I've heard there are famous people on every street corner 'dann there'.

9:43 pm  
Blogger Ailbhe said...

I'm going to London tomorrow evening for a NIGHT OUT. *fear*

10:59 pm  
Blogger Debby said...

Have a wonderful day!!! Travel safe.

11:19 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

I am impressed. Any chance of an extras role for me - sitting in a pub drinking three pints of Tetley's while reading "The Daily Mail"? I could do that. Giuz a job!

11:47 pm  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Enjoy the trip you two. :)

7:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Have a good time!

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home